Eating the same things everyday can get boring. You can't eat a lot but that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy the most flavorful bites ever! Here are some recipes to give you some ideas:
Pumpkin Toffee Protein Shake from bariatric foodie
- 1 c. milk (whatever kind you use)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use this kind)
- 1 oz. canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or you can use sugar-free pumpkin pie flavored syrup, if you have some lying around)
- 2 tbsp. sugar-free English Toffee syrup
- Optional toppings: whipped cream and a sugar-free caramel drizzle
For a cold shake
: Mix it up in your blender using the Triple X Method
. Or not. Your choice!
So…this was good. But I have been stricken with the dreaded “little pouch sydrome,” or, LPS as I like to call it. So as I type 3/4 of this yummy shake is sitting beside my computer staring at me. Hmph. It was still yummy though!
If you have a Healthy recipe that you would like to share with other patients you can submit it to email@example.com. If you have a picture of the finished product please include that with the recipe and you may see it on the website!