Exercise & Fitness
Exercise is a must both to lose and maintain weight loss. No excuses, you can find the time and find the right activity within your limitations. Here are some ideas:
- Grab an exercise partner – it will help keep you accountable if you know someone is waiting for you
- Make a workout schedule for the whole week every Sunday – schedule your sessions like an appointment
- Treat yourself to a month with a trainer – this will help accountability and also educate you on proper weight training and exercise techniques to meet your goal.
- Have extreme arthritis or limited mobility? Aqua aerobics is available and may be covered by your insurance.
See what is available at your community schools
- Aerobic classes, aqua aerobics, open pool, walking hours inside school, use of track
Interested in a gym? Local and Surrounding area gyms...
- Mercy Health Partners H.E.A.R.T Center is free for one year
Working out from home?
- Invest in exercise equipment
- Get outside and walk, bike, hike, jog.
- Use Exercise DVD/Videos – can rent or buy at local retail stores.
Train for a Race!